Ten New Railway Rules To Be Implemented From July 1
Bhubaneswar/New Delhi: Railway Passengers are already too confused these days and now the Indian Railways has brought up some new facilities and ten new railway rules that are likely to be implemented from July 1. With a lot of changes in last few months, ten new railway rules and features have been issued that may or may not be beneficial for the railway users.
Railway Issues Ten New Railway Rules & Features For Passengers From July 1
1. There will be an end to waiting list criteria and new provisions to run from the railway side will be given with confirmed tickets for the passengers in the trains.
2. From July 1, After the cancellation of Tatkal tickets, 50 per cent amount will be refunded.
3. From July 1, there has been a change in the instant ticket rule also. AC tickets will be booked from 10 am to 11 am, whereas bookings for sleeper coaches will be from 11 am to 12 pm.
4. Paperless ticketing facility is being started in the prime and centurial trains from July 1. After the beginning of this facility, no paper ticketing will be done in the Centurial and Prime Trains, but tickets will be messaged to your mobile.
5. Soon, The Ticketing facility in Railway Overseas Languages is going to start. Till now, ticketing was in Hindi and English languages, but after the launch of new IRCTC website, rail tickets can be booked in different languages.
6. In this way, the number of coaches will be increased in the Centurial and in the prime trains from July 1 to overcome the increasing rush for tickets in railway.
7. There is a strategy to bring alternative train adjustment system in order to provide better facilities in rush hours in trains, duplicate of important trains will be started.
8. A facility train will be started on July 1 by Railway Ministry, on the lines of Shatabdi, Rajdhani, Duronto and Mail-Express trains.
9. The railway is going to completely shut down the premium trains from July 1.
10. 50 per cent refund facility will be provided on ticket withdrawal in trains. Other than this, 100 rupees on 2-Tier AC, 90 rupees on 3-Tier AC, 60 rupees on sleeper per trip.
The passengers will now get the facility of a Wakeup Call-Destination Alerting which they will get an alert before the arrival of the destination station.
According to sources, passengers will be able to activate the facility of backup call-destination alert on their PNR by calling 139.
This feature is given the name as ‘Destination Alert’ which will alert the user before the arrival of the destination station. In order to activate this feature, the users will have to enter their ‘PNR number’ after typing “Alert” and send it to 139.
Other than this, a new feature of “Wakeup Call” has been introduced in which they will have to call 139, choose the desired language and then dial 7. After dialling 7, the user will have to enter PNR number and the service will be activated. On activation of this service, a mobile bell will ring to inform the user that the station has arrived.